Congratulations to the 2012 ENnie Award winners!
The 2012 ENnie Awards took place last night at GenCon Indy. Although I wasn’t there this year, it was wonderful to wake up to see so many friends and colleagues win awards for some truly brilliant games and RPG-related products.
I was particularly delighted to see Cthulhu Britannica: Shadows Over Scotland win a golden ENnie Award for best setting – another award to add to its growing list! I developed and edited the book back in 2010, next to Legends of Anglerre my biggest single project at Cubicle 7, and a true labour of love. Seeing the awards it has so rightly won since we released it at last year’s GenCon has really brought home how worthwhile the project was, and it’s so gratifying to see so many people saying wonderful things about it. Congrats to Stuart Boon for writing it, Jon Hodgson for inspired art direction and cover, Paul Bourne for a great layout, and of course the heaps of artists for the gorgeous internals.
Massive congratulations also to (in no particular order):
- Kenneth Hite for the brilliant GURPS Horror;
- Pelgrane Press for their awesome Ashen Stars, Cthulhu Apocalypse: The Apocalypse Machine (Graham Walmsley!), Lorefinder, and the Investigators Guide to Occult London (Paula Dempsey!);
- Shannon Appelcline for the required reading “Designers and Dragons”;
- Brennan Taylor for Shelter in Place;
- Pathfinder for their awesome Beginner’s Set;
- Margaret Weis, Cam Banks and the team for the wonderful and inspiring Marvel Heroic Roleplaying;
- Evil Hat Productions, for producing endlessly cool RPGs, including my go-to system, the revolutionary FATE, now approaching its upcoming and much anticipated FATE 3 Core release;
- …and of course a huge thumbs up to Dominic McDowall and Jon Hodgson at Cubicle 7 for the Best Production Values and Best Interior Art on The One Ring – I know how much you guys busted a gut making that beautiful game, and it’s great to see it get the notice it so well deserves.
Congrats to all the award winners. Darn, there are some *cool* games out there! 😀