Mindjammer Press is delighted to announce the publication of Monsters & Magic, its new Old-School Renaissance roleplaying game! By ENnie Award-winning RPG author Sarah Newton, it’s a fusion of classic fantasy roleplaying with modern rules concepts, letting you play your favourite characters and campaigns with a new and innovative set of rules!
OLD SCHOOL FANTASY – NEW SCHOOL PLAY!
Monsters & Magic is an “Old School Renaissance” fantasy roleplaying game with a difference. Combining the atmosphere of classic fantasy games with modern RPG mechanics, it lets you use old school fantasy gaming material with little or no conversion with a new and innovative set of rules. Battle giants, defeat dragons, explore deadly dungeons and mysterious wilderlands – and bring your favourite adventures, supplements, spellbooks, and bestiaries to brilliant new life!
This complete fantasy roleplaying game features:
- the Effect Engine, a modular open-license rules system
- action-packed adventure from 1st to 20th level and beyond
- rules for castles, kingdoms, guilds, and warships
- Silvermoon, an introductory adventure for levels 1-4
- new rules for alignment, hazards, encounters, treasures, epic and mythic gaming, and more!
With layout by Michal Cross (Achtung! Cthulhu, Mindjammer 2nd edition, Mutant Chronicles), and artwork by industry legends Jennell Jaquays, Jason Juta, Linda Jones, Eric Lofgren, Brad McDevitt, and Gill Pearce, Monsters & Magic is the first in a line of Mindjammer Press products uniting old school fantasy and new school play!
Available now in digital format from RPG Now and DriveThru – introductory price only $9.99! Hardcopy to launch at GenCon and in hobby and game stores everywhere (rrp $24.99). Dust off your spell book, polish that suit of +1 plate armour, and unsheath your vorpal blade. Adventure awaits!
Check out the Monsters & Magic homepage for previews, downloads, artwork, and much more about the game!
Mindjammer is the first novel in the Mindjammer series, available now from Mindjammer Press! By ENnie award-winning RPG author Sarah Newton, it’s an action-packed tale of mind-bending technologies in the unimaginably far future, as the human race struggles to fulfil its transhuman destiny.
In the seventeenth millennium, the New Commonality of Humankind is expanding, using newly-discovered faster-than-light travel to rediscover lost worlds colonised in the distant past. It’s a time of turmoil, of clashing cultures, as civilizations shudder and collapse before the might of a benevolent empire ten millennia old.
In the Solenine Cluster, things are going from bad to worse, as hyper-advanced technologies destabilise a society in chaos. Thaddeus Clay and his special ops team from the Security and Cultural Integrity Instrumentality are on the trail of the Transmigration Heresy. But what they find is something beyond even their imagining – and something which could tear the whole Commonality apart!
- “Complex, gripping, and the most original sci-fi you’re likely to get…”
- G*M*S Magazine
- “A very exciting and intelligently-written novel that should be on the reading list of every SF fan!”
- Stargazer’s World
- “William Gibson-like in the intensity of the ideas it introduce… a heady mixture of action, crunchy science fiction elements and that perennial cyberpunk or transhuman question: what does human mean? … Science-fiction may have a new star forming in its firmament.”
- Shores of Night
- “Thrilling adventure and mystery wrapped up with an inventive, mind-bending look at mankind’s future.”
- Howard Andrew Jones, author of The Desert of Souls
Find out more about Mindjammer at www.mindjammer.com.
Achtung! Cthulhu brings you a two-fisted wartime CALL OF CTHULHU roleplaying game setting packed full of fiendish Nazis, terrifying ancient mysteries, legendary war machines, and enough writhing tentacles to fill ten Reichstags!
Three Kings is the first in a series of standalone adventure supplements in the globe-spanning Zero Point campaign for Achtung! Cthulhu written by Sarah Newton. Join a band of heroic soldiers, agents, and partisans behind enemy lines on the eve of World War Two, as they discover the unspeakable horrors of Castle Karlstein in occupied Czechoslovakia!
Inside you will find everything you need:
- A standalone multi-episode adventure for hours of play!
- New rules for Call of Cthulhu wartime investigations
- Maps of Europe, Czechoslovakia, Castle Karlstein, and the surrounding area
- An “Operational Briefing” handout
- Setting information on Nazi-occupied Czechoslovakia
- Four pregenerated characters to get you playing immediately!
You can buy Achtung! Cthulhu – Three Kings here at DriveThruRPG now!